Trying to get some of the dragon fruit plants under control

These Dragon Fruit plants really run off the rails if you don’t parent them a lot. After spending 30 mins unwinding them, and unhooking all their roots from all sorts of other pots and pool screens. I got their pots moved to an area by themselves

Then, once that process was complete, I started looking around at what other people had done. Knowing that we may soon need to take the pool screens apart, I wanted an option that could be more long term. After lots of reading, and watching videos, I went to the wood pile to see what we had surplus. This is what I came up with.

There is a substantial set of feet at the base the I failed to take good pics of, but It should be fairly strong. The top is 24″x24″ which should give plenty of room for it to do its thing. Sadly, I need at least 2 more of these.

Next was to start transplant of as much as I could get into this pot and get it trained to climb. Hopefully this will give us some fruit in the future.